Thursday, October 14, 2010

How Long To Knead Whole Wheat

Frauenmalgruppe

Yesterday was the first night of my Frauenmalgruppe. Five women aged between 20 and 72 have signed up through the video, and met on time at 19:30 clock in my small but nice studio in a new house - full of expectations, resulting in a Frauenmalgruppe thus comes to them. After I first put it very clear that it is not in question is a painting course, but a painting group with quite art therapeutic approach, the eyes were bigger. The focus should be quite clear: Paint to express themselves and not a decorative "art" create. For most of the ladies, this was a very unusual approach. But they wanted to get involved.

The theme of the evening was "Your Tree of Life", with the particularity to focus here on its own strengths and resources. For me, a beautiful and low-exercise, with little "hazards". I thought.

The painting was very harmonious. Each of the women immediately recognized what it was in the order and could also put it very well. But in the subsequent image, the first meeting flowed tears. Years of grief for a child verlorenenes went. I was extremely touched and felt simultaneously honored and grateful for the confidence. The participant was able to talk openly about it and then release it again. The group has caught it - and I could too.

After almost all of the house already, I was then to be another participant asked for an interview. Even with her many tears flowed. I was able to stabilize them and released after 45 minutes of home, but actually they probably would need ongoing support.

I saying all this in such detail to make clear how much can happen even in a "simple" vhs-painting group. I was extremely surprised at the violence and immediacy of the reactions. Had I just the "bad luck" (or lucky?) to come across as bad bad life stories? Or I had underestimated the Tree of Life Exercise?

And there is again a say, art therapy is not effective.

0 comments:

Post a Comment