Day 2 - My radioiodine dose
It's Friday. My first night I have behind me and as always, I slept soundly. The breakfast came around 9:00 clock. A civil time, because otherwise I know the hospitals of something different. The appointment of two coffee for breakfast had worked before, and otherwise was the tray filled with plenty, so I still had some bread for my second breakfast in the Rollschränkchen.
After Breakfast was measured my blood pressure. 187 / 124. Oops ... something very high.
My blood pressure tablet I had sold about 2 weeks before, since I was hoping - thyroid treatment, blood pressure ok. That was a duck, because a doctor said later that I should continue taking the tablets anyway.
Now came the first measurement of the test capsule: 164 "And what does that mean?" I asked the doctor.
"164 mega-becquerels" - which sounded after mega-deal, and that's it.
164 million decays per second. I once googled: Becquerel is the unit that indicates the number of counts of radiation (unit: decays per second). I imagine lather in the bath tub. The soap bubbles burst and also after a little time and at the end of which nothing is there. A nice idea.
I was asked shortly after the scintigraphy. 5-minute silence, that's it.
The lady who operated the equipment I have not discussed this. She has all her teeth and was already on my arrival quite unfriendly. But they will probably always be. At least it is known.
The other day was pretty quiet, at least when it came to therapy. I had taken plenty of work and phoned the office and different customers. Thus the time went very quickly order. The first chapter of the book "I'm out" by Hape Kerkeling I have already started, and amused me very much.
What will I get it?
The visit came again with two doctors, but this time different. The doctor said that I will immediately get a dose of 840 MBq (Mega Becquerel). Wow - I found it a lot. In addition, they would want to treat my hyperthyroidism with a Mediakment. That I should take, especially because of high blood pressure. Who went not once!
The doctor told me that a slight gain of function can often lead to high blood pressure and a high gain of function rather low blood pressure results. What should I believe for now. One doctor says that there was probably no connection, it was my function not a cause rather low, and this doctor says it the other way around.
But actually I liked the statement of the second doctor better to be covered this yet again with the original idea of my family doctor.
My next bed was laid off by the way, but I got a short time later a new one. She had been neither an idea of the treatment still had from the facility. That is why she had not slept all night because you went through your mind such things as: lock-like access, food that is pushed through a gate, masked Doctors and so on. Also showed me that it is important that once here, write down the experiences that I have the time to do.
I believe that I could calm down a bit, since I previously had no problems with the treatment and I just assume that it stays that way. After all, who already feel radioactivity?
Inge had two operations in which your thyroid gland had been removed completely. So it is here for treatment. They later received a very high dose. The doctor explained that one, because no thyroid longer exist, using a sledgehammer to crack a nut must, therefore, the last of any remaining thyroid is achieved. Unfortunately, Inge had forgotten to ask what dose they received, but the next day we would get out safely.
We got our capsules
Inge - still extremely uneasy about the treatment - could hardly believe that you would not notice anything, waiting for the hour of X, which came pretty quickly. A doctor came into the room - nothing disguised (I was grinning) - and gave us our glass tube capsules from the more or less lead small vessels. Drink now again a lot of water so that the first batch will go out immediately, rinsed again. What I was glad to actually have a lot of juice to mix. By the way, it will be so much water. Man can always get new bottles.
As I had already guessed, it happened again, nothing. We were not bad, we did not go to green. We do not even lit up at night more ... What I'm glad it went well Inge. While watching all the time but that is only legitimate if they had actually received any information in advance.
This may also be different, I learned about a woman, two slots on a balcony, which complained of heat in the throat and nausea. But I did not Inge. No - we did well and we were glad that everything went so smoothly.
One hour after capsule ingestion, we had our dinner, which we have great Appetite devoured. Otherwise it was quiet. There was only one person to measure blood pressure. Sure - I am still too high, but much better than in the morning.
Now I'm looking forward to the radiation value you will measure the following morning. How much will already be washed away? How much do soap bubbles have already burst? Really an interesting adventure.
0 comments:
Post a Comment