Day 1 - A small unit
Today is Thursday - the Thursday and the start of treatment.
got a quarter to six early, I have issued me an hour later on the way to the Nuclear Research Centre in Jülich. There, the nuclear medicine department in terms of thyroid problems at the University Hospital Dusseldorf. I should arrive at half past seven, which was also good.
went after the application is high in the second Stock in the "Radiation Division. After an initial conversation with the nurse and fill out the Essen list for the day, I had to 10:00 clock "free passage", there's no bed for me was free.
I enjoyed so my unexpected freedom on a small lake and ate a bread roll that I had bought in the cafeteria at the lake. Sevim, a Turkish woman, joined them. She gets a radioiodine therapy, but for post-treatment. Your one has already removed the thyroid gland in large part. All I know.
But it is very funny, so we laughed most of the time. A decrease in the clearance quickly, which was a shame. Unfortunately we were not together on a room. For this we are room on the balcony of room and can continue to laugh together.
In general, there are 2-bed rooms. If you get one, you can be sure that the dose is not super big. At least it told me, the doctor who helped me in the afternoon to an unexpected 2nd clearance - well, there was only one floor lower, but still. He said a normal dose was 500, but it must also be administered ever 3500th Too bad that I did not ask him for unity. So I had only these two numbers in his head.
could still have ausbüxen I
In his survey on the general condition and an ultrasound examination, he said that my high blood pressure is not likely due to the thyroid. Spontaneously rushed through my head that that was the real reason for my GP so, to propose this therapy. Oh boy - running away, stop or continue?
After the doctor finally noticed that the present moment for me the best, there was not much happened, despite the more than 20 years I've been walking around with knots,
I stayed. Not without grumbling, but I did not show me.
Sun around 16:00 clock I got my sample capsule. It will be "a little bit contaminated, but it is sufficient to now in my room can not get out. The test capsule you get to figure out the next day with a gauge of how much radioactive iodine the thyroid gland stores and then calculate how much the doctors for treatment.
When I got the capsule should I drink a bottle of water pretty quickly. I do not like to drink water alone at all. But I was snowed me with plenty of apple juice, orange juice and several showers, so I once mixed a spritzer.
It's really exciting happens
something? You notice something? If a different? Nothing like that. Nothing. Except, of course, I often visited the toilet, but that's about it already.
The thoughts that you do beforehand, nothing. Everything ok.
evening was the visit just before the dinner. I was told that it could be that I could maybe after five days of home - if all goes well.
Those are great prospects, but I can not accelerate. For the purposes of, to be particularly good, extra drink a lot and so on. The radioactive iodine is broken down individually with every person, and is now being monitored every day. And since everyone is different ..... So wait. The
Food is good and plenty by the way, if it so wishes. The food label can be stated amounts, and so I ordered for tomorrow is 2 cups of coffee.
The whole day I spent most of the time otherwise on the balcony. Also a great thing. On the balcony are two deck chairs, a table and an ashtray for the smokers.
I imagine now the next few days ago just to take a vacation to Balkonien. Only I'm not the type for the reclining chair. But I'm too restless.
handicrafts
honestly No one notices anything. My next bed remembers nothing. And Sevim next door either. It has long ceased to be devoted to crafts and your Time to get around it. Probably she goes home as early as Monday. But I do not think she gets her doily finished by then.
Tomorrow morning measured. To the values I'm very excited.
Day 2 will certainly bring new insights.
0 comments:
Post a Comment